Sunday, July 5, 2009

Notes for July 6th

First, let me start with my first 4th of July. We had breakfast with nanny and poppy. We had one of my favorites- pancakes. I love to pick those syrupy little pieces up, delicately place them in my mouth like a lady, then rub my sticky hands through my hair. Mom gets irritated that I ruin my clean hair first thing in the morning, but I don't see what the big deal is. Dad and mom worked on a little project for my birthday. They sure aren't very good at keeping birthday surprises a secret. We watched the fireworks in Midway from across town, then the party continued when we watched some more that our neighbors set off down the street. I "oohed" and "aahed" and thought they were so cool. It was all fun times, until daddy started with our own fireworks. The first loud pops nearly scared mom and I right to death and it was all over from there. I cried everytime I heard anything loud. Finally mom and dad just put me to bed which was a good move.


At church on Sunday, I found a picture of the Savior that I really love. When I saw it, I pointed and "oohed" and "aahed" just like at the fireworks. Mom was surprised because up to this point I haven't really been into any artwork she has been trying to show me at church. I think it is just really beautiful and familiar.

Today we had a wonderful day in the sun. We went for a picnic with Aunt Hezzie and her summer camp kids. I got to ride in my new pack on mom's back and that was pretty fun. I fell asleep in the car on the way home, and to my pleasant surprise, when I woke up, we were at the beach. Aunt Holly and cousin Taycen came too and I had a ball.I played in the sand, swam in my new floatie that the nice lady in park city gave to me for free (yeehaw!), played in the sand some more, and swam in my floatie some more. Note: I now play in the sand, and no longer feel the need to eat it, although I do still like to chew on rocks periodically. I am gradually putting my childish ways behind me. I love to be in the water, especially on a nice warm day like today. Oh it was wonderful. Mom even let me borrow her sunglasses since mine got run over with the stroller (tragic day). All in all, it was a good day. I was so tuckered from all that sun, I took a nice long nap after eating one and a half bananas and a nutrigrain bar. Do bananas cause constipation? I hope not.

1 comment:

  1. oh my cuteness. She is adorable and so smart too with all that writin'. Now I feel like William is way behind.

    ReplyDelete