Friday, July 3, 2009

Notes for July 3rd

Slacker, I know. I have been busy during the day and daddy has kind of been hogging the computer at night to do homework. Let's see, the past week's highlights in reader's digest form...
Mom and dad finally brought the slide, horse, and piano inside. The first couple of days was just a tease because they were all still dirty so I had "limited" playtime on them. Mom finally scrubbed them down and now they are all mine. I love them. I can climb up the rock wall that is just my size on the back of the slide and then slide down with minimal help. Well, that is if I don't try to slow myself down with my feet, in which case, I stop halfway down the slide and it is no fun at all. My horse is beautiful. I pet her, and kiss her, and mommy shows me how to feed her pretend grass. She gallops with such grace and mom always provides lovely background music and a few "yee-haws" to make my rides a little more exciting.
I LOVE orange creamsicles. Nanny and poppy had some at their house and I've snagged a few bites here and there when mom, dad, and poppy are enjoying them. Oh, they are delicious. I take a big lick, then I suck in my cheeks to savor the taste, then I stick my tongue out a few times to get any off my lips or any particles that might have escaped into the air. Oh they are good. Nanny and poppy brought some root beer creamsicles over for me. Also very good, but I still think orange is my favorite.
Speaking of Nanny and poppy, they brought me some wonderful magnetic letters for the fridge that I could just scatter all over the kitchen floor all day long. I am sure it drives mom crazy to be stepping on d's and l's and b's all day, but I can't help that it is just more fun to play with them on the floor than on the fridge. They also brought me a little dog that barks and sings songs. I am not sure how I feel about him yet. He is much more lively and noisier than my stuffed animal dogs that don't say or do anything. I think I am warming up to hime though. At least I don't back away from him anymore.
I have been to Ikea two times this week. I have had my fill. Nice store, but enough is enough. I also went to my first temple open house this week. It was the Oquirrh Mountain Temple in West Jordan. We went with Mama Winterton, Grandma, and Chas. There were wonderful lights in that temple, far more impressive than the lights we have at home. Mom kept trying to keep me quiet, but I was a little ornery from the long drive and short nap so a quiet voice was not easy for me to do. It helped to get us through the temple a little bit faster (mom picked up the pace when I started yelling), which meant we got to the refreshment tent that much sooner. I'm no fool. I heard them say at the beginning there would be snacks served when you finished going through the temple. I was much more pleasant once I had a cookie and some water. The temple was lovely, too, especially those chandeliers.
I am trying really hard to say some words. I listen to what mom says, then try my best to copy. Yesterday I think I said a version of "all done." Mom was pretty excited about that one. Today when daddy came home for lunch, I said some version of "dad" as soon as I heard the front door open. I always make an attempt at "amen" at the end of our prayers, and last night I kept my arms folded for the whole prayer with mommy's help.
Happy 4th of July! This will be my first time for fireworks, that is if I can stay awake late enough to see them. We'll have to see how I am feeling tomorrow night. If I am too tired, I may just go to bed and have mom and dad tell me how they were from our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment