Sunday, June 28, 2009

Notes for June 28th

Well, I spent a good portion of my weekend yard saling with mom and when I say weekend, I mean Friday before the weekend even started AND Saturday. Who knew that yard sales start before the weekend even begins? I don't think I get quite as excited as mom. Something about driving around, stopping, getting out of my seat, browsing for a moment, getting back in my seat, driving some more, etc all during my naptime is not always my idea of a good time. Good news is I got to see all of the great toys mom got me for my birthday. Good thing I'll forget everything by tomorrow. Some of my favorites are my new rocking horse and little baby grand piano. These will be fabulous additions to my life. I can't wait until they officially make it into the house. Right now, mom and dad have them hiding in the garage, waiting for a good cleaning and the great unveiling (as if I haven't already seen them). I have heard talk that I won't have to wait until my birthday because I won't care about presents anyway, and I am happy to keep them believing that as long as I get that horse and piano ASAP. Last night, I had some s'mores for the first time. I already knew I loved marshmallows, but add graham cracker and chocolate to that (neither of which I am probably supposed to have-oops), and it is DIVINE. Messy, but divine! Today we didn't have church because someone in the ward nursery had swine flu. I missed playing with all of the girls' shoes in our primary class, but I didn't mind having my nap in my bed at home, instead of in the car seat in primary. We visited nanny and poppy and I played with their dogs for a bit. They are little bit easier to manage than that old hound, gundog, making it much easier for me to chase them on the floor. I've had an earache all day, so hopefully we can get into the doctor tomorrow to get me some medicine. Until then, I'll just have to hope mommy and daddy keep giving me some of that delicious cherry flavored medicine from the syringe, that I love so much. That stuff is as good as the s'mores! It's been a fun weekend. Tomorrow it's back to the daily grind- daddy to work, mom and I running errands and hopefully getting a little sun at the beach and the park. Oh, that reminds me. Daddy and mommy took me to the park on friday night, and they let me go down the slide all by myself. I just lay on my back and hold my head up (it makes me feel a little better if I can see where I am going). Dad sends me down and mom catches me at the bottom. A little nervewracking, but I'd say I am making some major progress at the park. I can now officially crawl up all of the steps to the very top, eat rocks , and now slide down one of the slides on my own. I still need to master the swirly slide, the covered slide, the rock climbing wall, and the stepping stone stools, but I'm getting closer. Well, on that note, goodnight and sweet dreams about rocking horses, pianos, slides, and dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment