Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Amazing Baby Monitor

Today I discovered the most bizarre thing. I was playing with this white handheld device thing I found laying around in my toy basket. I haven't got a clue what the purpose of this silly thing is. All I know is that if I hit the right button on the side I get a cool light to come on in the front. There I was sitting in the living room playing with my new toy when all of a sudden I hear my mother's voice in loud speaker style coming out of it. "Whoa! What was that?"... I stared at the thing and it happened again and again. In the midst of this most unusual happening, my mother called me from the kitchen. I looked at her, then she disappeared behind the cabinets and her loudspeaker voice happened again. This time she was singing to me- of course, it was some ridiculous song she was making up, but as long as it has a beat I don't complain. I finally ventured into the kitchen only to discover my mother speaking into what seemed to be a similar looking hand held device. Everytime she spoke, her voice echoed through the whole room. Strange. Mom says its called a baby monitor. I am not sure what "monitor" means, but I am thinking it must have something to do with a device that scares or startles, like a "baby startler." Yeah, that must be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment