Thursday, June 25, 2009

Notes for June 25th

Today, I experienced the joys of a merry-go-round. Wow, whoever invented that is brilliant! Not only did I get to sit on a horse that was just my size, but it "galloped" at just the right speed. Aside from that wonderful experience, the day was just mediocre. I had the usual oatmeal for breakfast, applesauce for snack, mac and cheese and hot dogs (that mom snuck in so I would eat them) for lunch, and baby food and grilled cheese for dinner. Unfortunately, we are out of bananas- tragic, I know. I did drink a lot of water today from my sippy cup. I think this heat is getting to me- I am parched lately and just can't get enough of that cool, refreshing H2O. The concept of a straw baffles me, though. Mom and dad continue to attempt to offer me drinks this way, but the only use I can find is to bite it. My bath was wonderful tonight. Last night, I discovered I could dip my face in the water and it is pretty funny for both mommy and I. Well, until I breathe water up my nose- that's annoying. I am finally getting some hair, at least on the back of my head (I've been waiting 11 months to say that). Mom combed it for a while and that felt nice, but I can only sit still for so long. Sometimes I like to dance while I eat. If there is no music, I just hum my own. I think I have a fairly good voice, so I am sure no one minds listening to me. I have been spending a good portion of my days lately making sure I know the proper names for things I see. Mom is very good to tell me what each thing is called when I point and say "dat," even if she has already told me it is a "light", or a "chicken", or a "cookbook" multiple times that day. Well, goodnight. Yard sales in the morning and maybe a trip to Hezzie's summer camp tomorrow. Then the weekend with dad- hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. Miss Olivia, won't you PLEASE ask your mommy to post that lovely picture of you that you have been passing out to everyone; on your blog? Oh, and how about a shot of your new hair, and maybe the playground? Grammie is having a hard time visualizing...

    ReplyDelete