Friday, June 19, 2009

My confusing family tree

So, I have a mommy and a daddy, a grammie and a grampie, a nanny and a poppy, a mama and a papa, a "grandma" who isn't my grandma at all, aunts (pronounced "ants") and aunts (pronounced "ahnts"), and an uncle who isn't related to either of my parents! Holy Cow- who are all of these people?! I'm not sure, but I LOVE them all. I guess that's all that matters. Here's a glimpse at my confusing family tree...

This is mommy and daddy long before I came along. I'll let them have a moment to reminisce about their days of young love while they read my post.


Grammie and Grampie (above) and Nanny and Poppy (below), all of which are legit relatives.

Mama (above) and Papa (below) Winterton, which is where the psuedo relatives begin. Kind of a silly picture of papa, but silly is what he does best. I get to spend my Wednesdays with Mama while mommy works.


This is "grandma" who isn't my grandma at all. In fact, she is Mama's grandma, which I suppose would make her my psuedo great grandma, but I just stick with "grandma" because that is what everyone else calls her. Whew- that was a long explanation. Lovely lady.

Aunt (pronounced "ant") Holly (above) and Aunt (pronounced "ahnt") Hezzie (below). Why one is an "ant" and the other an "ahnt" is beyond me. Mommy says "ahnt" is the propor pronunciation, but "When in Utah, do as the Utahns."

Last, but not least, Uncle Trav, who in fact is in no way related to either of my parents, but is still somehow my uncle. Either way, I love him and his nice, burly beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment