Saturday, June 20, 2009

Notes for June 20th

This morning mommy and I were going to go yard saleing but by the time I pulled mom's lazy bum out of bed and got her to feed me breakfast, it was 9 o'clock. We went to one yard sale but I was cranky and it was raining so mommy wisely brought me home for nap. Dad was off galavanting around with some of his friends from out of town- fishing and golfing- but it worked out okay because mom and I had some shopping to do for him. We got him some great gifts, which he is sure to love. Mom was taking forever at Home Depot calling what seemed to be every man she knew for a second opinion on what we should buy. I was like "Mom just pick something already and let's get out of here" but she wasn't listening. Not to boast, but the people at Home Depot LOVE me. I'm kind of a big deal there. Back when mommy and I were going there every day to finish the house, people got to know who I was. You would think after 4 months I would be old news and no one would remember me, but apparently I am unforgettable. It's bad for mommy though because she can never remember if she is supposed to know these people or not, which sometimes makes for awkward conversations. After Home Depot, mom hauled me to TJ Maxx and stuck me in another one of those uncomfortable cart seats. They probably wouldn't be so bad, but mom insists on cinching up the safety belt lest I should try to escape via one of the leg holes. I was patient for a while, but it was when mom stewed over which color pan to buy for a wedding gift that I threw in the towel. Once again, after calls to what seemed to be every woman she knew for second opinions, we finally left with new sheets and a tourquoise colored pan, which is quite nice if I do say so myself. I slept on the way home, so I was tired the rest of the evening because I didn't get a good nap. I watched Signing Times and listened to a thunderstorm outside while mom made some more bread. Dad finally got home and we played and got ready for bed. I entertained mommy and daddy's guest later in the evening by finding my dog and giving him kisses on mommy's cue. That is a sure hit everytime. Well, I am exhausted. It's off to bed so I can be 100% pleasant for daddy on his special day. I can't wait to give him his gifts!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Not to boast, but the people at Home Depot LOVE me."

    Hahahahahha not to boast. Kat-- I mean Olivia, I think I laughed out loud for a solid 15 seconds after reading that sentence. This blog is the the cutest/most hilarious thing ever! Hope you all had a Happy Father's Day!!

    ReplyDelete