Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Notes for June 24th

Boy, I have been a busy lady. I have been meaning to update all about father's day, my trip to the beach, and all of the other silly nonsense that happens in my life. The picture I gave to dad for father's day was a BIG hit. Not to embarass him or anything, but I think he got a little weepy over it. He liked his tools too, but they paled in comparison to my photo. I have to admit, it was an adorable shot! Mommy made us breakfast- french toast. That was a first for me, and I will definitely be going back for more. Mmm, delicious! I got a nap in before church which helped me to be the good little girl I was hoping to be. We visited poppy after church and I gave him another picture of me. It would seem that I am a bit conceited, handing out pictures of myself as gifts. I think babies are allowed to do that though and they always seem to be appreciated. Monday's events have escaped me, but I am sure it was a fine day. Oh yes, the thing I do remember is that mommy and I slept in that morning. That was lovely. Yesterday, mommy, my cousins Katie and Makayla, and I went to the beach. I went splashing in the VERY COLD water but I didn't mind. Mommy did though and she tried to take me out before all of the other girls came out. I thought that seemed unfair that they would get to keep playing and I was stuck sitting on the sand with mom. After a bit of complaining, she gave in and took me back in until the other girls were ready to get out. We sat on our towels on the beach and soaked up some sun. Well, I should say, sat under the sun... I don't think there was an inch of my body that could "soak up" anything. All of my skin was already completely saturated with 3 layers of SPF 50 sunblock, thanks to my very attentive, skin health conscious mother. By the time we left the beach, I was beat. Mom hadn't even backed out of the parking lot before I was out in my carseat. The sun takes it right out of me. Later that afternoon, mommy took me on a walk, until I spotted the playground. The days of walking on by, quietly watching the other kids playing are over for her. When I see the playground, I want the playground. I decided I was mature enough to navigate around myself, so I left mommy in the dust while I crawled and climbed. She insisted that I sit on her lap for the slides, which was okay since I am not sure my balance skills are up to par yet with the height and curves of the slides. Oh well... someday! Today, mom had summer school, but I was ready for a nap before she even left and I figured since she would be gone anyway, I would just sleep as long as I could. I timed it pretty well- woke up about 15 minutes before she got home. We walked and did the playground routine again, and by 12:30 I was tuckered out and ready for another nap. Apparently my body needs to get used to this warm weather. I have been far more tired and ready for my naps lately. Or I may just need to start hitting the sack a little bit earlier. I'll have to try that one tonight. Mom pulled me along to some BORING meeting. I crawled on the floor and got filthy, which just absolutely rubbed mom the wrong way. She hauled me into the bathroom and scrubbed my blackened hands before we left the meeting, then washed them again when we got home just for good measure. I don't mind. Washing my hands is still kind of a novelty for me or... maybe I take after my mother and just have some kind of sick obsession with it. Only time will tell. Well, it's been a great week so far. I wonder what mom and I will do for the rest of the week. I am hoping another trip to the beach and maybe a few more trips over to that beloved playground (which p.s. I have a lovely view of from my bedroom window- mommy will never be able to hide it from me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment