Friday, June 19, 2009

Notes for June 19th

Last night, mommy, daddy, aunt hezzie, uncle denver and I went to the Farmer's Market. Mom spent the afternoon making some pepperoni bread while I vied for her attention. Come to find out, I don't even like pepperoni bread. I did like mommy's homemade anadama bread, though. When we got to the Farmer's Market, there was a band playing. I danced a bit, and then explored on the grass in the park. Mom didn't seem to care what shananigans I was getting myself into (she was distracted by the food), but Dad was keeping a close eye on me and ruining all of my fun! We visited with some of mom and dad's friends and they all gooed and gaaed over me. I am getting pretty used to the attention, but not letting it go to my head, thank heavens! This morning I took a lovely nap. There is nothing like a perfectly timed nap. Sometimes mommy jumps the gun and tries laying me down before I am ready. Don't worry- I let her know when she does this so that she can correct the error of ways and let me play for a little bit longer. Sometimes, though, she scoops me up at just the right time and lets me cuddle on her shoulder for a few minutes. When my head hits that mattress, it is sweet relief. I don't even make a peep when mom leaves the room. Tonight I think I might get to hang out with daddy and uncle trav. We'll probably play some video games and maybe watch a movie. I'm excited for the weekend- I love it when I get to spend saturdays and sundays with dad. I'm not sure what is on the schedule, but I am hoping we get to do something outside. It's Father's Day on Sunday so I'll have to be especially good for him at church- no fussing or anything. Mom and I are working on getting a daddy a gift, but my naps seem to be getting in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment